Rose Water Ice cream
- Published on Sunday, 02 March 2014 16:22
It might be still cold out there, but treat yourself with this lovely, home-made Rose water ice cream...
3 tablespoons rose water
275 ml whole milk
4 large egg yolks
110 g sugar powder
284 ml double cream
- Heat the milk slowly in a pan to boiling point.
- Meanwhile in a bowl, beat the egg yolks and sugar together until smooth and foamy; pour the heated milk over the egg mixture, beating all the time.
- Return the mixture to the pan and cook over a low heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until it thickens slightly to form a coating over the back of the spoon (do not let it boil).
- Pour into a bowl, cool then refrigerate until chilled, stir in the cream and rosewater, pour into a shallow plastic box and place in the freezer until completely frozen (after 2 hours of freezing, you may wish to remove the ice cream from the freezer and whisk it to remove any ice crystals that form at the edges – repeat this twice more during the freezing process).
-30 minutes before serving, place the ice cream in the fridge to soften.